Sunday, August 3, 2008

Friday Five: Delayed Due to Mayhem

1. Of television programs that aired before you were born, what’s your favorite?

Hmmm aired before I was born, well I really enjoyed Get Smart. I would watch it all the time when it was on Nick at Night. I loved the sheer humor of it and Don Adams was hilarious. Also when I was really little I used to fall asleep to reruns of I Love Lucy and the Honeymooners, both fantastic shows.

2. What person of historical significance was from your neighborhood or city?

I know Samuel F. B. Morse grew up around my area and former President Frankin Delano Roosevelt I think did too.

3. What’s a story that’s often been told about someone in your family in the years before you came along?

Probably the first time my dad met my mom, is really the most often heard story. My dad was a big drinker back in the day. And when he met my mom at a bar he was (as he puts it) more than three sheets to the wind. And apparently he was talking to my mom for so much that my mom kind of got annoyed with him because of how drunk he was. And my dad said he wouldn't stop talking to her until he got her number. Apparently my mom hadn't heard the little trick of giving out fake numbers then, so she gave him her number. My dad, being as drunk as he was didn't want to forget it, so he went right out to his mom's car, pulled out a Sharpee and wrote her number on the dashboard. My dad then drove home (which he reminds me every time not to do) and my grandmother screamed at him in the morning. My dad thought something happened to the car because he doesn't remember parking and such. But then my grandmother asked who's number that was scrawled on her dashboard. My dad said it was the girl he's going to marry.

Yeah us Rohrssen men are real romantics. ;)

4. Which of previous generations’ dumb mistakes (in deed or thought) baffles you the most?

Well, if I had to pick one thing I'd say slavery is probably the biggest and most colossal blunder any nation has ever done.

5. What aspect of life in the good old days would you love to see a return to?

I wish children were more innocent nowadays. I mean I'm not saying that kids shouldn't be informed of more adult topics and things of that nature, but I never walked around school and had my friends in 3rd and 4th grade own short shorts with "Juicy" written on the ass. I mean I don't think I was that naive where some of my pop idols were taking barely clothed myspace pictures of each other. I mean we never heard of a Zachary Ty Bryan sex tape or Larisa Oleynik getting pregnant. I think it is just that adults these days have tried to censor so many things about pop culture that it has overhyped the sex drives of kids today where they dress like complete whores and don't notice it.

*As always, the Friday 5 questions were taken from Friday5.org. If you join the fun, be sure to let me know so I can add you to the link list! And don’t forget to send those questions in that you’re itching for us to answer! Don’t worry, we’ll gladly pimp your blog for the effort.

1 comment:

Doc Remedy said...

Hahaha Zachary Ty Bryan....Dont forget about JTT

I once knew a girl who was cousins with Alex Mack